Take it as you will.....

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Good Will Hunting - The Talk.....

Robin Williams - Do I wonder if I'd be better off if I never met my wife? No, that's okay. It's an important question. 'Cause you'll have your bad times, which wake you up to the good stuff you weren't paying attention to. And you can fail, as long as you're trying hard. But there's nothing worse than regret.

Matt Damon - You don't regret meetin' your wife?

Robin Williams - Why? Because of the pain I feel now? I have regrets Will, but I don't regret a single day I spent with her.

Matt Damon - When did you know she was the one?

Robin Williams - October 21, 1975. Game six of the World Series. Biggest game in Red Sox history, Me and my friends slept out on the sidewalk all night to get tickets. We were sitting in a bar waiting for the game to start and in walks this girl. What a game that was. Tie game in the bottom of the tenth inning, in steps Carlton Fisk, hit a long fly ball down the left field line. Thirty-five thousand fans on their feet, screamin' at the ball to stay fair. Fisk is runnin' up the baseline, wavin' at the ball like a madman. It hits the foul pole, home run. Thirty-five thousand people went crazy. And I wasn't one of them.


Matt Damon
- where were you?

Robin Williams
- I was having a drink with my future wife.

Matt Damon - You missed Pudge Fisk's homerun to have a drink with a woman you had never met?

Robin Williams - That's right.

Matt Damon
- So wait a minute. The Red Sox haven't won a World Series since nineteen eighteen, you slept out for tickets, games gonna start in twenty minutes, in walks a girl you never seen before, and you give your ticket away?

Robin Williams - You should have seen this girl. She lit up the room.

Matt Damon - I don't care if Helen of Troy walked into that bar! That's game six of the World Series! And what kind of friends are these? They let you get away with that?

Robin Williams
- I just slid my ticket across the table and said "sorry fellas, I gotta go see about a girl."

Matt Damon - "I gotta go see about a girl"? What did they say?

Robin Williams - They could see that I meant it.

Matt Damon - You're kidding me

Robin Williams - No Will, I'm not kiddin' you. If I had gone to see that game I'd be in here talkin' abouta girl I saw at a bar twenty years ago. And how I always regretted not goin' over there and talkin' to her. I don't regret the eighteen years we were married. I don't regret givin' up couseling for six years when she got sick. I don't regret being by her side for the last two years when things got real bad. And I sure as Hell don't regret missing that damn game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home