Take it as you will.....

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Update - sorry for the absence

Pat Tillman, the recent Army Ranger and former NFL player who was killed in Afghanistan, said in Sports Illustrated "Dude, I'm proud of the things I've done, my schoolwork - because I'm not smart, I just worked hard - and this award. But it doesn't do me any good to be proud. It's better to just force myself to be naive about things, because otherwise I'll start being happy with myself, and then I'll stand still, and then I'm old news."

Last day at Double Dave's is next wednesday. I work tom night from 5-close, monday 9-2 5-8, tues 8-1 5-9, and wed 9-5 then....... DONE!!! Im stopping in Waco to say hi to Katie and Carrie (and Ashley if she does not still hate me :-/). Im gonna bring them some peproni rolls. Then Arlington bound. I stated to move some of my furniture into my garage tonight since im leaving most of it here til i get my apartment. My stuff is effing heavy, heh. I have too much stuff, if you want something, chances are I have one and dont need it, just ask. Next thursday I'm unloading an 18 wheeler full of cookie dough for my dad (no fun, you can help if you wanna :)), Friday hopefully playing golf with my dad, Sat heading down to CS to get what I am bringing home and then Sunday start my new life.

I don't want to be a copy cat, but recently alot of my focus has been towards the armed services. I saw one of my old friends Ryan the other night, he is in the Air Force and going to Iraq next week. Lindsay signed and is starting her career there. This Pat Tillman story has gotten me thinking also. If by anychance you get or can get Sports Illustrated, read the story about him in the May 3, 2004 issue.... AMAZING!!

Saturday there is a going away party for me at my house, we are gonna BBQ and just reminisce all day. If you are in town or want to your are more than welcome to stop by.

Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home