Take it as you will.....

Thursday, April 22, 2004

This one made me cry

I went to a party, Mom, I remembered what you said
You told me not to drink and drive, Mom, So i drank sprite instead
I felt really proud inside, Mom, The way you said I would
I didn't drink and drive, Mom, Even though the others said i should
I know i did the right thing, Mom I know you are always right
Now the party is finally ending, Mom, As everyone drives out of sight
As i got into my car, Mom, I knew i would get home in one piece
Because of the way you raised me, Mom, So responsible and sweet
I started to drive away, Mom, But as I pulled onto the road
The other car didn't see me, Mom, And it hit me like a load
As I lie here on the pavement, Mom, I hear the police say
The other guy was drunk, Mom, And now I'm the one who will pay
I'm laying here dying, Mom, I wish you would get here soon
How come this happened to me, Mom? My life bursted like a ballon
There is blood all around me, Mom, Most of it is mine
I here the paramedics say, Mom, I'll be dead in a short time
I just wanted to tell you, Mom, I swear i didn't drink
It was the others, Mom, The others didn't think
He didn't know where he was going, Mom, He was probably at the same party as I
The only difference is, Mom, He drank and I will die.
Why do people drink, Mom? It can ruin my whole life
I'm feeling sharp pains now, Mom, Pains just like a knife
The guy who hit me is walking, Mom, I don't think it's fair
I'm lying here dying, Mom, While all he can do is stare.
Tell my brother not to cry, Mom, Tell daddy to be brave.
And when I get to heaven, Mom, Write Momma's Lil boy on my grave
Someone should have told him, Mom, Not to drink and drive
If only they have taken the time, Mom I would still be alive
My breath is getting shorter, Mom, I'm becoming very scared
Please don't cry for me, Mom Because when i needed you, you were always there
I have one last question, Mom, before i say good-bye
I didnt ever drink, Mom So why am I due to die?
This is the end, Mom, I wish I could look you in the eyes
To say these final words, Mom, I love you, and Good-bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home